Today we started the writing project- I really enjoyed the exercises we did in the morning- found I got some really poetic phrases/ word combinations just from writing sooo much. It wasn't just the words and their meanings that were useful- I really liked how they looked aesthetically- especially the joined up words and how you had the go back and underline the row of words you had just written to get onto the next line. I also liked writing backwards- WORDS. UP JOINED. Reading it was like deciphering a clue or a riddle.
When I was writing I thought a lot about different people, my friends, my family. That was the theme that seemed to appear the most- and song lyrics- baby love, my baby loveeee- why does that song always get stuck in my head? What do the lyrics mean to me?
Some of the things I was writing felt quite personal and I was aware that I was surrounded by other people that might be able to see what I was writing. I think if I was completely on my own I would have wrote differently. I would have loved to have seen what other people wrote and if what they wrote showed a lot about their personalities? if you could tell if they had got a lot out of it or not? if what they wrote felt honest or contrived? I wonder what people would think about me if they didn't know me, or even if they did and they read everything I had written in the workshop.
To carry the brief forward I need to look back over what I wrote- concentrating on what I wrote about people. Would I illustrate these people? With text? Combining text and image? Finally a brief where I can actually draw and make the result my own. However now this kind of brief is here I am a bit worried about it and I am feeling the pressure of wanting it to be good.
Why did I think of those people? What is my relationship with them? Why was I thinking about them this monday morning?
No comments:
Post a Comment