Monday, 9 January 2012

2.12.11

Today I did quite a lot of work which felt good. I was in quite a rush to get it done before the crit and I got that exciting art adrenaline feeling I used to get on foundation for the first time since I've been here. I was happy with the work I had done. I was disappointed with the crit and the lack of feedback. I got a little feedback from the people in my group- they liked it, maybe instead of type I could have used handwritten text. I would have liked some feedback from a tutor. We were in groups of 5 and we each had 5 minutes to talk about our work and this didn't feel like enough. Will we get better crits when we have longer projects? I thought the idea of each person having 60 seconds to talk about their work infront of the class was maybe a better idea and would have been fairer- everyone could get a tiny bit of feedback instead of just 5 people. 
I really enjoyed the brief, it allowed me to create a personal outcome- I felt my work was really personal- I felt a bit embarrassed about it because I am in a class with people I don't know very well, but it is good because they don't know the people I wrote about. I can work in this new way now and use things about my friends and family in my work in a different way now they are not here and around to see it. I also liked how the project was about subconscious thoughts and how it was about words and then visuals came from the words and the words came first. Was this obvious in my piece? I think I wanted it to be. That's why I did the essay style cover sheet.
TEXT FROM THE SUBCONSCIOUS. VISUALS DERIVING FROM TEXT.
Looking forward to JOY project and christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment