Calendars, chocolate. Location drawing! I love museums, it is great to explore these new museums in my new city. I want to visit them all- even the really tiny, obscure ones which you can only visit by appointment only. The Burrell Collection was amazinnn' Full of incredible objects from across such a broad time scale. There was so many nice colours- I liked the turquoise tankards, all the vases and the carved animal shaped stamps. The first thing I drew was a gold Eucharist Dove.
A peristerium or Eucharistic dove is a metallic vessel, in the shape of a dove (pigeon), which can be hung over an altar in Eastern Christianchurches.[1]I stuck it on nice black sugar paper. The colour of the paper was nice because the other objects I was drawing were all ivory so I used a white gel pen and white crayon. Because these trinkets, brooches, chess pieces were all so intricate it was impossible to capture all the details. They were so detailed they were kind of intimidating to draw, even to look at. We were encouraged to loosen up when we moved on to A2. This was good , so I drew them quickly and freely- capturing the main details. Simple but full of life. People liked my drawings which was nice- I liked them too. After a while I kind of got stuck with drawing- I just wanted to wander round and take in all the museum had to offer. I forgot that an australian women in the museum asked to take a photo of my work- that was nice too!
So it was good to visit a museum and get out of the city centre. I came home and needed to get on with my essay but instead did lots of drawing for the project. I really want to do some work I am actually proud of. In this project I feel like I can actually do work I want to do and that I like instead of following really structured briefs. I did some pencil crayon drawings of the people I thought of in the writing workshop. They are a bit twee. I want to stop being twee. I would really like to develop my own style. I am going to add text to the drawings but haven't got the text clear or sorted yet- tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment