Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Found drawings- I took a photo as I crossed the Clyde and on my way back. 'What is drawing?' is a question I can't get out of my head recently. I think a reflection is a drawing. It is not the object. It looks different to the object and has it's own unique wobbly, distorted quality.

I really like this photograph I took when I was home. I was looking at taking photos through holes, gaps, cracks, letterboxes. This is through a hole in a door and you can see my dad's old school photo. Is this a drawing? I find it harder to justify why it is than a reflection. It is definitely found. I have never looked through the hole before consciously and seen this image. I think the composition of it might make it a drawing- the strange circle with the long rectangle. The image is flat and the rectangle is now inside the circle.
I had a great lecture yesterday which was really relevant to the project and all about drawing. I wrote lots of notes and artists names down- I need to look over these notes and expand on them as recently I have been neglecting artist research.

No comments:

Post a Comment